Dh 100 Homework for 10/5/21
Dh 100 Homework for 10/5/21

Dh 100 Homework for 10/5/21

My document is a picture of a table that shows murder rates compared to each nationality. It is showing crime rates compared by each of these nationalities during the great migration/immigration era (1900’s). The document is split up in three different ways. It shows some text, a reference to what the table is talking about and then the table itself. I represented this structure through XML by showing the picture of the table, and then below that having the header in which in the regular document describes what the table is. I then below showed what the original text on that page was. After clicking on the whole overview, you can see how the page was originally set up compared to my page. I wanted to set up my XML like this because I feel it represents my document very well and kind of organizes the main parts of that page which I selected. There are a few unique features in this document I choose. It starts off in the middle of a paragraph which is kind of weird since people typically like to start at the start of the paragraph. The text describes what the table is in a different font, and it looks like it was handwritten. The table itself is unique because it shows crime rates between different nationalities between 1905-1908 which is typically hard to find since the data is really old. Some TEI attributes to describe my document were <head> to put a header describing what the table was about. Another one I used was <p> to show that I was writing the paragraph from my source into the code. I also used <pb> to show the whole capture of the document I chose. I also used <figure> to show the individual picture of the table. The final thing that was noticeable that I used when using TEI was <chapter> which allowed me to show that the paragraph which is seen in my XML is from a chapter in the source.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

css.php